Discipling Our Grandchildren
General Assembly for ACNA
Plano, Texas June 18, 2019
- Make a decision to become intentionally pro-active in discipling your grandchildren
- Pray fervently!
- For yourself to be led by the power of the Holy Spirit
- For your grandchildren to have a hunger and thirst for the Lord
- Develop a written plan about conversations, scriptures, experiences to share with your grandchildren
- Explain the Gospel to your grandchildren:
- Read Bible Stories to young children
- Read the Bible to older children
- Ask three questions after each reading
- What does this story/passage say about God?
- What does this story/passage say about me?
- What does this story/passage say about my relationship with God?
- Memorize scripture together
- Tell your “God-stories” over and over(!)
- Speak blessings over your grandchildren (See John Trent’s The Blessing)
- Recognize you are in a spiritual warfare for the hearts, minds and lives of your loved ones; PRAY!
- Verbalize an active commitment to your grandchildren to walk through life with them
Our purpose as Goldy Grandparents is helping grandchildren:
- Find God
- Grow in their faith
- Find their purpose
- Make a difference in this world